Get With It
- Finishing my Book: The only way I'm ever going to be a published author is to finish my book. I have one completed, but have recently realized that it's not the right book to start with. The one I'm working on now is the right one, but I've been having a hard time getting through it. I have decided starting January 1 to put in place a writing schedule, one that will allow me the time I need to finish the book I have been working on all year and get it done before 2012 ends.
- Launching this Website: I've been working with this website for two years now and I have yet to actually tell more than just my handful of friends about it. I think it's time to tell the world. Self-marketing is one of the great ways to launch a writing career, especially with keeping a blog. It gets your name out there. I have to do this.
Get Into It
- Socializing: I need to do more of it. Yes, I socialize, but I'm starting to find myself more comfortable being alone in my condo. There is nothing wrong with a little me time, but I can't lock myself into my own little world no matter how comfortable it may feel. I need to remember to get out there as well. Maybe I should start with trying new things, a cooking class, a dance class, etc. It's hard sometimes when you don't really have the money to spend freely.
- Happiness: I steal this one friend my friend. But she makes a good point. It take less energy to smile than to frown.
Get Over It
- Negative Thinking: I can't help it. I'm such a worry wart that my brain in constantly thinking about what can go wrong instead of what can go right. I try not to let fear rule me sometimes but I have to admit to myself that worry is, in itself, it's own kind of fear. It needs to stop.
- Being Single: I need to stop complaining or worrying about it. While I want to meet that special someone, I can't let it consume me to the point where everything else gets put into the back burner, especially my motivation to write. It'll happen when it's meant to happen and I need to start putting my energy elsewhere. It's easier said than done, I know. But no time like the present to give it a try.