With the expansion of the Children's Corner brand, I decided it was time I came back to this website I so love. It has been tough the last couple of years, so much has changed in my life. I have a new job, my furry friend got sick and I have been knee deep in writing my book.
That's right . . . Glasses and All is just about complete. I finished my last round of revision and I have one more (small) one left to go. I cannot wait til it's done. I am so proud of it.
I am also researching by next book which will be about witches. There is so much to learn. How do I write spells and create potions? What do the colors and moon cycles mean?
So, yeah, my days have been full, but I am here now and I will try my hardest not to disappear again.
Here are a few things I've been thinking about:
- Throw Back Thursdays (TBT), but instead of a throw back to me, I thought maybe a throw back in literature. I will review one retelling story each Thursday. Perhaps a retelling of Sleeping Beauty or Romeo and Juliet. The options are abundant as writers love to retell a classic story anew.
- Writing Playlists. How a good playlist can help you get in the writing mood.
- Revision Phases. What my phases consist of and how you can come up with a rhythm of your own.
- The Book Bible. What is it and why it's a writer's handbook when it comes to their manuscript.
- Meetup and Critique groups
What do you think? Is there anything else I can add to the list. I will do my best to get to all of these this year.
I will do my best . . . I promise.