The Hunger Games phenomenon is in full swing this month. The coverage has been nothing but overwhelming ever since the announcement was made that Suzanne Collin's book about kids fighting to the death in a televised game would become a movie. As someone who has read the fantastic trilogy (and if you haven't yet, what are you waiting for?), I completely get the uproar. After all, my website is now full of it.
What they're doing with this adaptation release is nothing but awesome. Besides the numerous websites that have been created (and I will list some good ones in a minute), the people in charge of The Hungers Games has actually made this feel like a real game. They split fans into the 12 districts giving them a job (I'm in District 4 and a Ship Captain), created Facebook pages for each district complete with a district square and allowed three fans to become the district mayor, district recruiter and district journalist. They've even created fake ads, selling products found in the Capital:
Hunger Game Websites to Check Out
- Entertainment Weekly: http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20419951,00.html
- Hunger Games Movie Website: http://www.thehungergamesmovie.com/
- Capital Couture: http://capitolcouture.pn/
- The Capital Website: http://thecapitol.pn/
- Scholastic Hunger Games Page: http://www.scholastic.com/thehungergames/