Last week a friend of mine sends me this news article from the Washington Post. She receives the Imagination is Key e-Zine for this site and thought I could talk about it this month. Does she know me or what? The first thing I did was post it on the Facebook page. It was perfect for it. One of the friends of the page, whose also a part of the book club I'm in, notices the list has a few of the books we've discussed in the club. She was right of course. So I thought I would share it with you. Here's the list:
The Teens’ Top Ten 2010
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
3. Heist Society by Ally Carter
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
9. Fire by Kristin Cashore
10. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
If you've kept up with this blog, then you know which of these we've read, but I'm going to tell you anyway: number's 6, 7 and 10. And even though we technically didn't review number 1, we did review it's sequel book and therefore discussed it in the process. We're such a hip club aren't we.
So tell me, have you read any of these books? I have to say the only one's I've read thus far are the book club books, but I may just try the other ones. I'm dying to see what the kids love about them.
Click here to read the full article.
Blogs are whatever we make them. Defining ‘Blog’ is a fool’s errand.